cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have an ICX 7150-C12P and the PoE has switched off.

george_schempf
New Contributor II
I have an ICX 7150-C12P. The power was out for several hours and when it came back on the PoE wasn't active. I have done the factory reset about a dozen times and I can't get it back. I've read all these complex instructions on finding IP address, using a terminal prompt etc etc etc. Unfortunately all of that is over my head. Is there a way to manually turn it back on? Any help is greatly appreciated.
53 REPLIES 53

sounds great.. again on that product you have a limited lifetime warranty on the hardware.. those really shouldn't fail.. but probably was a bad batch..

yogen_patel
New Contributor
I am currently having the same issue. bought home through lennar and amazon guy showed up to configure it. everything was working well until recent power surges and that had messed up the ruckus it seems. no LEDs are on. they turn on temporarily for less than 1 second at the beginning of power toggle and turns back off. everything after ruckus switch is disabled. how do i solve it? i read some of the comments above and same as GEO, amazon didn't leave any console cable.

Make sure you have a usb to usb c cable and contact Ruckus customer support.  They will log into the switch and see what's going on.  Mine did the same thing as you are describing and I needed a new switch.  They sent it out next day air and I was up and running in no time.  The switch has a lifetime hardware warranty.

If no LEDs at all are on, there is most likely a power or a switch problem.  I would expect at least the PWR light to be on and green.  The SYST light is general on with that model, too.  It is usually amber during boot, then it blinks green, then goes solid green.  Typically the STAT light is green as well.  Otherwise to troubleshoot further you need a USB-A to USB-C or a DB9 to RJ45 and a rollover cable along with a serial port or a USB to serial port.

If you get the USB cable, the device itself emulates a serial port by Silicon Labs.

You can get the COM port number in device manager if on a Windows box.  There are a LOT of tutorials for connecting to these after you have the right cable

kevin_yuhan
New Contributor
I purchased a home from Lennar.  I have 2 Rucks R510 APs and 1 ICX-7150-C12P switch box.  I read through this discussion and found it enlightening...but not able to figure out the problem.  I have the same issues as David, Geo, and Yogen.  After a power outage, the box has lost it's ability to power my R510s.  The POE is on for a brief period of time after a "safety pin" reset....then I get the "PoE Fatal: Vmain (48V) fault has forced all ports on slot 0 to lose power" message.  I am not a TECH person, but I followed the advise above and have not been successful.  Sigh.