cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have an ICX 7150-C12P and the PoE has switched off.

george_schempf
New Contributor II
I have an ICX 7150-C12P. The power was out for several hours and when it came back on the PoE wasn't active. I have done the factory reset about a dozen times and I can't get it back. I've read all these complex instructions on finding IP address, using a terminal prompt etc etc etc. Unfortunately all of that is over my head. Is there a way to manually turn it back on? Any help is greatly appreciated.
53 REPLIES 53

I am fairly certain your computer issues are unrelated.

Here is an example of all the log files (12,908) I have saved over the years:

Image_ images_messages_5f91c476135b77e247aa1b7e_9bc68db6ef8720cf87485eb8bb03755c_RackMultipart2019032931029irpu-f5ef9f10-8ab5-4f8a-8566-e5087c10ec9c-420830660.jpg1553883632

Believe me, if PuTTy or Kitty, a console port, or SSH session was going to mess up a computer... long before now I would have had issues.

george_schempf
New Contributor II
I really don't know what happened to the computer, I just know it happened while trying to fix this switch. It's my wife's PC and she rarely uses it. Ruckus would gladly help but I can't do anything until I have time to fix the PC. The reality is that I've spent way to much time trying to fix something I can replace for $100 or less. Time is money and I can't waste any more. If Lennar doesn't replace it, I'll buy something else. I'm sure the Ruckus equipment is great stuff in the right environment, but they don't belong in a home. I do appreciate your help!

I am sorry if this was not more helpful, but it sure is strange.  Personally, I would try to remedy the situation in that this really is not a $100 or less switch.  These sell for about $1,299 MSRP new though admittedly most folks get some small discount from their supplier or vendor.

I am honestly not sure if it is broken or not.  You would have to be able to connect to it to troubleshoot it further, but I would expect Lennar to most likely check it out for you.

I would agree that Ruckus is unusual in a home, but these things are workhorses quite honestly!  I have used them to run VoIP phones in a pinch; since, most of our deployments have multiple VLANs - I have trunked those in.  I have used these as a media converter between optical fiber and copper ethernet for an Avaya analog gateway, I have used these with VRRP for fail-over to Cradlepoint during WAN failure, I have used these as small WAN routers, and as a top of rack switch talking back to a Cisco speaking OSPF to exchange routing tables.

Honestly, my experience has been that these are work-horses.  Personally, I would have one in my house no problem, but I can completely see how this is anything but homeowner friendly.

I could mention they actually do have a configuration webpage if you enable it.  It is not on by default, and you are certainly going to have to at least configure an IP address and mask from the console first.  The website really does not do everything, but it is something.  If that is something you want to do and create a topic, I am sure some folks will help.

Geo, 

Did you issue ever get resolved?

Rather than admit that there was something wrong with the unit or that it wasn't setup properly they replaced it with a new one that has worked just fine.