cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I replace Ruckus ICX-7150 12 port POE switch with a TP-Link 16 port POE switch?

aubreyruckus
New Contributor

I currently have an AT&T router/modem combo gateway feeding my Ruckus ICX-7150 12 port POE switch in my smart closet. I'd like to replace it with a TP-Link 16 port POE switch (model # TL-SG116P). If I simply remove all the ethernet cables from my Ruckus switch ports and plug them into the POE ports on the TP-Link switch, will the TP-Link switch automatically start powering my Ruckus R510 access points with the same AP login/password, or would I need to do some kind of additional setup or configuration to get the TP-Link switch to work with the Ruckus R510 access points? I will ask TP-Link the same question, but I'd really like to get an answer from both Ruckus and TP-Link. Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Imran_ruckus

Hi @aubreyruckus 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for reaching out to RUCKUS Lennar Home Community. 

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to resolve the issues you are experiencing with your RUCKUS setup.

Based on the information provided, it appears that you are encountering issues with the RUCKUS devices.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and are committed to assisting you promptly.

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the devices from other vendors. We cannot provide specific guidance on those devices. However, we highly recommend that you continue utilizing the RUCKUS Switches and Access Points.

If you encounter any issues with your RUCKUS devices, please do not hesitate to reach out to me. I am more than happy to assist you in resolving any problems as quickly as possible. Additionally, if necessary, I can facilitate a replacement, as RUCKUS devices are covered by a lifetime hardware warranty.

To assist you further, please provide the requested information at your earliest convenience.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community