cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Fiber with ICX 7150 and 510 APs

pir8sfan
New Contributor

I just upgraded to google fiber and am currently running a Netgear Nighthawk as the router. I am only getting 300mbps down and up. From looking at the specs the 510 AP should be able to handle 867 Mbps up. Is there a recommended router that works better with Ruckus? When wiring everything in to the ICX 7150 is there a particular port that the internet should come in on? I currently have the AP's in the first 3 ports. Thanks for any help.

5 REPLIES 5

Imran_ruckus

Hi @pir8sfan 
Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Community forums.

Could you please let me know if this is a Lennar Home RUCKUS setup?

Please confirm.

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Yes this is a Lennar home.

Hi @pir8sfan 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that you need assistance in setting up RUCKUS devices.

Yes, the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch works with any Router/Modem-Router combo devices for higher speeds.

You must plug Router/Modem-Router’s or any device's ethernet plugs into any 1 in-12 ports of the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch as described in the below guides.

Please refer to the short guide link below about how to connect the devices as a reference:

Most common Setups for Lennar homes users:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Most-common-Setups-for-Lenna...

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Thta is helpful, is there a setting that needs to be adjusted to make sure direct wire is getting the gigabit speed? I tested directly at the port on my third floor plugged into the ICX7150 port number 8 and I am only getting 98MBPS down even though in the same room through wireless I am getting 300MBPS down.