cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing to bring up Ruckus AP RS510

shashv0711
New Contributor

I just moved in to an existing configured Ruckus system. I have internet at my place through the router installed by the ATnt provider and is connected to the Ruckus switch.

As I try to bring up the Access Points, I followed this process:

Removed all other AP connections to Switch. Only one AP is connected on which I am doing RESET.

I press RESET button at the back of this AP for 15 secs. 

At first Power LED turns BLINKING RED followed by solid RED. After a min or so, it Blinks GREEN followed by solid GREEN. 

At this point, I see CONFIGURE-ME-XXXX wifi, however it either disappears after sometime or asks for Password (which I am aware). 

Few attempts, it goes back to SOLID RED. 

I am running out of options to troubleshoot this further. Could you please assist on how to get this working ?

12 REPLIES 12

Imran_ruckus

Hi @shashv0711 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the detailed information you shared.

As per the case description, I could understand that you need assistance in setting up your RUCKUS Access Points.

Could you please let us know the answers to the below queries to assist you better?

1. On your switch while it's plugged into the outlet, do you see any lights on? (Amber or green) Please let us know which lights are on. (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture showing the light status and cable connections to the Switch ports)

2. May I know how many Access Points are connected to the Switch?

Please help us with pictures of your ICX-7150-C12P Switch showing the status of the lights. 

Before uploading the photos please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Please let us know the answers to the above queries or if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Apologies for replying so late. 

here's the answers to the questions:

1. Attached the pictures of switch.This is AP that I am trying to make it master.This is AP that I am trying to make it master.Switch - leftmost is connected to internet.Switch - leftmost is connected to internet.Switch - lightsSwitch - lights

2.  May I know how many Access Points are connected to the Switch?

There are 4 in total. Attached the photos of each AP.

AP - lightsAP - lights

Hi @shashv0711 

Greetings!!!

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the detailed information you shared. 

As I see from the picture you shared, seems like the ethernet cable which is coming from the ISP (Internet Service Provider) Router or Modem/Router combo is plugged into the wrong port on the Switch panel. It must be plugged into any 1 in-12 ports as shown in the below screenshot. Please unplug the ethernet cable and plug it into the correct port and try again. If required, please reboot (unplug and plug from the power outlet) the Switch and the ISP Router once.

Please refer to the short guide link below about how to connect the devices as reference:

Most common Setups for Lennar homes users:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Most-common-Setups-for-Lenna...

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.