cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to command line

barnabei
New Contributor

I'm having issues with accessing the CLI on my  RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P.  Specifically, when following the instructions here , I have the following issues:

• Using SSH, I am able to login in, but instead of seeing this: "SSH@ICX7150-C12 Switch>", my command prompt is "ruckus>" and I can't figure out how to check which mode the switch is in (router/switch)
  • Telnet doesn't work at all, giving the message "Network error: connection refused"

Also, when looking for the IP addresses, Advanced IP scanner returns 2 the have Ruckus as the manufacturer.  I've tried this on both.  Can someone help?

4 REPLIES 4

Imran_ruckus

Hi @barnabei 

Greetings from RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Thank you for getting in touch. 

I trust you're doing well.

I appreciate the information you've shared regarding the issue you're experiencing.

Based on the case description, it appears that you're encountering difficulty accessing the Command Line Interface (CLI) of the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch.

The presence of 'ruckus>' indicates that the IP address you're currently using pertains to the Access Point, not the Switch itself. 

To confirm the IP address associated with the Switch, you should observe the Switch Dashboard, which should be visible upon accessing the appropriate IP address, as illustrated in the screenshot below.

I recommend cross-checking the IP addresses listed in the IP scan results under the names "Ruckus Wireless" or "Brocade Communications" to identify the correct IP address of the Switch and proceed to access the CLI accordingly.

Should you require further assistance or clarification regarding this matter, please don't hesitate to reach out to me.

Thank you once again for your patience and cooperation.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

Imran_ruckus

Hi @barnabei 

Greetings! 

I trust this message finds you well.

I kindly request an update on the status of the issue so that we may proceed further with resolving it. 

Your prompt response would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Best regards,
Imran Sanadi

Imran_ruckus

Hi @barnabei 

Greetings! 

I kindly request an update on the status of the issue so that we may proceed further with resolving it. 

Best regards,
Imran Sanadi

Imran_ruckus

Hi @barnabei 

Greetings! 

Best regards,
Imran Sanadi