cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to ICX7150 switch

JJY
New Contributor

Based on the behavior of my network I appear to have the SPR code problem after a recent power outage. The problem I have now is that I can't seem to log-in to the switch. I know the switches IP address, but can't ping it from the AP, from an ethernet connection in the house, or directly connected to the switch via ethernet cable to laptop. I've tried using PuTTY but no answer from the switch. What am I missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @JJY 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the update.

Please reboot (unplug and plug into the power outlet) your Internet Service Provider's (ISP) Router once and perform an IP Scan once again and check if you see the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch IP Address.

You should see the Switch Dashboard as shown in the below screenshot to confirm it’s a Switch IP Address. 

Please check the other IP Addresses from the IP scan results, by the name of Ruckus Wireless or Brocade Communications to confirm the IP address of the Switch and try to access it.

If still you are unable to get the IP address of the Switch, the only option left is to get CLI via console access to the Switch.

Here is a guide on how to access to the Switch via console (cable access between your PC to the ICX 7150-C12P) in this case we need a USB type C to USB standard OR Console cable Rj45 to USB (Any one cable- please refer the guide)

How to console in the ICX-7150-C12P

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-console-in-the-ICX-71...

Please let me know if you need help at any point and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @JJY 

Thank you for your prompt response.

We are pleased to hear that the issue has been resolved. 

We appreciate your time and patience throughout this process.

Should you have any further questions or need assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Thank you for contacting the RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi  
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community