cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Establish a Serial Connection ICX 7150

srb3689
New Contributor

Had a power outage recently which causes a PoE failure for my APs. In the past, I've been able to establish a serial connection session using PuTTY program accessing the CLI and can return the switch to proper function.

I am not able to establish the serial connection like before. Each time I try, I get the Windows chime indicating an invalid entry.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled drivers, double checked the port details and serial line, tried different USB-C cables, unplug/replug the switch itself, restarting my machine. I'm not sure how to proceed with getting my switch to work properly.

1 REPLY 1

Imran_ruckus

Hi @srb3689 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that your RUCKUS setup is not working, and you are trying to get a serial connection to the Switch.

Could you please let me know, on your switch while it's plugged into the outlet, do you see any lights on? (Amber or green) Please let us know which lights are on. (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same, showing the light status and the FULL Switch panel cable connections to the Switch ports)

And also have you tried to reset the RUCKUS Switch using a paper clip? If not, please try it as explained in the below VIDEO.

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jHMTdo_hK4

IF THE RESET IS NOT WORKING, PLEASE TRY TO RESET YOUR SWITCH MULTIPLE TIMES (Like 10-15 times) AS DESCRIBED ABOVE. As we have seen it working sometimes after trying multiple times in many cases. If the reset with a paperclip works, the SYST and PWR lights should turn GREEN.

Please follow the above process, if that doesn't work, help us with pictures of your ICX-7150-C12P Switch showing the status of the lights and cable connections to the Switch ports. 

Before uploading the photos please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Please let me know the answers to ALL the above queries or let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.