cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can ICX 7150 be set to switch mode via web interface

MarkKelley
New Contributor III

I have a Lennar home that came with an ICX-7150-12P and two R510s.  Due to a power loss, the iCX has restared in router mode.  I have access to it via the web interface so is it possible to reset it to switch mode via the web or do I need to do it via the console?  I don't currently have access to the console because I need a USB C cable.  I've ordered one but I'd like to fix it now if possible.

19 REPLIES 19

It's just a bit too difficult to say as there are many variables at play here. Realistically, each issue is unique and needs unique troubleshooting for each product, issue, etc. The forum is really not the right avenue to do this. I would recommend opening a case (see my signature) to get proper support

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

MarkKelley
New Contributor III

@BenBeck I'm in the console and rebooted it to the switch mode and the slow connections are gone.  I remember reading somewhere that I can copy the switch code to the secondary so that no matter what it will boot into switch mode.  Is that true?  If so, what are the steps?

Hey @MarkKelley 

Happy to hear that. Yes, you can. Assuming the switching code is in primary flash ('show flash' to confirm), you would issue this:

ICX#copy flash flash secondary 

The above copies the primary flash image to secondary flash

MarkKelley
New Contributor III

Sorry for all the questions...

Should I make a backup copy of the router code or is it unecessary?

I would say not necessary if you have no plans to run router code.