cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After power outage, switch won't work. A week later it's still not fixed, so: new thread

gmasciopinto
New Contributor

On June 26 I started a thread. After receiving the same suggestions multiple times from "Jayavidhya", I am hoping someone else will help, and will actually read my messages.

As I explained:

• we lost power, and when it was back, the switch and access points were not working properly
    • the ISP router is working normally, offering normal speeds of wifi connection (in that area of the home)
    • on the switch, the colors were PWR: green and SYST: amber, which I understand means it is loading in boot mode
    • I unplugged it, waited 30 seconds, then plugged it back in while holding the reset button
    • the lights would all flash for hours, then would turn green, but at not point could we get connection from the access points (they show on the available networks list, but choosing it results in speeds less than .01mb/s)
  • after trying those basic steps, I tried to login via CLI to do a software recovery but this wouldn't work (important note: I'm using a Macbook)
    • I installed the necessary drivers (2)
    • I opened Terminal (reminder: Mac) and ran the command "ls /dev/cu.*" and noted the list of 3 results.
    • I connected my Macbook to the switch via type-c USB, and ran the command again, but the same 3 results show: 
      Screenshot 2023-06-28 at 5.48.46 PM.png
  • I tried to connect remotely, which also didn't work:
    • I used an app to locate the correct IP address

• In Terminal, I typed the ssh command using the username and my IP address and got the following result: "Unable to negotiate with [my IP] port 22: no matching key exchange method found. Their offer: diffie-hellman-group14-sha1,diffie-hellman-group1-sha1" I also tried the other prompt but that didn't appear to do anything. Please see below
       Screenshot 2023-06-29 at 7.37.13 PM.png

• I then used the suggested directions to upgrade the switch via Web GUI, which appears to have been successful but has not affected internet connectivity  
    • As you can see, it is now running on SPS0809K.
      Screenshot_20230704-122230.png

• Should I reinstall using 0809H? (I installed the most recent version, but the moderator didn't respond to my question if that was an error)

After all of this, I'm still not able to connect to my access points for over a week. Please read this carefully and let me know if there is something I've done wrong or something I've misunderstood.

Thank you for any help. If you are Jayavidhya, please do not respond.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @gmasciopinto 

Thank you for the response and the detailed information you shared. 

As per the light status of the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P, it is in normal condition. And your Switch is on SPS code as it required to be.

I see from the picture you shared, seems like the ethernet cable which is coming from the ISP (Internet Service Provider) Router or Modem/Router combo is plugged into the wrong port on the Switch panel. It must be plugged into any 1 in-12 ports as shown in the below screenshot. Please unplug the ethernet cable and plug it into the correct port and try again to connect from Access Point. If required reboot your ISP Router once.

Please refer to the short guide link below about how to connect the devices as reference:

Most common Setups for Lennar homes users:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Most-common-Setups-for-Lenna...

Please check, confirm, and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Imran_ruckus

Hi @gmasciopinto 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the detailed information you shared.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

As per the case description, I could understand that your RUCKUS setup is not working with no Internet connectivity from the Access Points.

Could you please let us know the answers to the below queries to assist you better?

1. May I please know if you have a Windows Laptop/PC with you?

2. Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same, showing the light status and the FULL Switch panel cable connections to the Switch ports.

3. Please log in to the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch and help me with the below screenshot.

Please let us know the answers to ALL the above queries or let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Thank you, Imran.

1. I have access to a old PC, although I'm not very familiar with it.

2. See below for requested photo 

PXL_20230704_174326741.jpg

Screenshot 2023-07-04 at 1.46.48 PM.png

Hi @gmasciopinto 

Thank you for the response and the detailed information you shared. 

As per the light status of the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P, it is in normal condition. And your Switch is on SPS code as it required to be.

I see from the picture you shared, seems like the ethernet cable which is coming from the ISP (Internet Service Provider) Router or Modem/Router combo is plugged into the wrong port on the Switch panel. It must be plugged into any 1 in-12 ports as shown in the below screenshot. Please unplug the ethernet cable and plug it into the correct port and try again to connect from Access Point. If required reboot your ISP Router once.

Please refer to the short guide link below about how to connect the devices as reference:

Most common Setups for Lennar homes users:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Most-common-Setups-for-Lenna...

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Hi @gmasciopinto 

As mentioned in my previous post, please plug the cable into the correct port and check the internet connectivity.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi