cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AT&T Fiber and Ruckus - flaky internet

srinath_alapati
New Contributor II

All, I am hoping I can get some help/advice. Thanks for reading.

Here's my setup:

AT&T Fiber (BGW210-700) router --> Ruckus ICX-C12P --> 3 x r510 Access Points

Until yesterday everything worked great. We had a power outage yesterday and WiFi has been flaky since then. Goes up/down, speed tests error out or inconsistent.

I narrowed down the problem to the Ruckus portion of the networking. Because when I connect to the AT&T fiber modem's WiFi SSID, everything works great. Consistent WiFi and speed test results. BTW the WiFI SSID on the AT&T modem is different than the one setup on Ruckus.

So far, I have done the following:

1) Powered off and powered on the whole setup

2) Unplugged the RJ45 cables between the AT&T modem and the switch and also unplugged and plugged back in the cables on the Ruckus switch (to the access points).

3) Rebooted the Ruckus switch

4) Upgraded the firmware on the access points using the Unleashed app on my phone

5) Performed troubleshooting in the Unleashed app on my phone:

• Speed flex test from each AP to phone looks ok
  • Speed flex test from AP to AP test looks ok

What else can I do? Thank you!

PS: IP passthrough is set to Off on the AT&T modem. Not sure if this needs to be On and don't recall what it used to be.

14 REPLIES 14

Thank you for your help as well.

Hi, I run into the exact same problem here. You mentioned that the tech helped boot into switch mode and everything is fine. Is this something I can do myself or it has to be done by a tech? If it is the former, do you happen to have an instruction? 

I believe you can. The tech used putty (i think) client to login and ran a command using CLI. if you are comfortable doing that, someone here might be able to help you with the exact syntax.

Thanks for your reply. I'm afraid I do not have the expertise to make it happen. Would you mind sharing your ticket number hoping that if I refer my new ticket to yours they'll figure it out easier. 

i have same question.  have a similar issue with ethernet that is connected through the Ruckus unleashed switch.  ours started after a reboot of the switch by powering off/on.  Would like to know how to check if switch is in router or switch mode.