cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to take ssh of cloud managed AP

hemang_bhavsar
New Contributor
i want to check the AP is getting internet or not. 

how can I log in (SSH or HTTPS) to ruckus cloud-managed AP so that I can log in to AP and ping or traceroute the Internet from AP .
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

For now, Cloud managed APs are not accessible via SSH/HTTPS; however, in future if there are any possibilities, the communication will be cascaded/notified to the Cloud tenants.

Hope this clarifies your query. 

Regards,

Vasanth Edward

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

For now, Cloud managed APs are not accessible via SSH/HTTPS; however, in future if there are any possibilities, the communication will be cascaded/notified to the Cloud tenants.

Hope this clarifies your query. 

Regards,

Vasanth Edward

Thank you Vasanth for your prompt response, this is much helpful.

Hi Nilesh,

Could you confirm what is the use case here.

SSH restricted and HTTPS access is disabled due to security reasons. Modifying AP configuration manually can cause issues and also config will not work after a reboot or after a new configuration push, this is why SSH and HTTPs is not open once AP joins the Cloud.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

Hi Syamantak,

Our customers have installed APs high on celing for locations like warehouse, coolroom etc. Also, in offices working physically with these APs which are mounted on ceiling is cumbersome and costly task if it involves physical intervention for factory reset etc. With vSZ APs, in case of issues we can easily factory reset it via SSH but that could not be like a case with cloud APs.

Hope you got my point & thanks for checking on this.

Hi Nilesh,

As stated before, this function is not available currently.
I have taken your feedback and shared with the concerned team.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn