cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two sets of infrastructure for US and EU Cloud WiFi

stephen_moreau
New Contributor
Is the US and EU infrastructure separate, from a login and authentication point of view? In the case where I have clients whom I manage in both 'jurisdictions', with separate accounts but iI am a delegrated admin, how may I move from one to the other? Some links on the support home pages don't seem to be US or EU specific. I have received redirect messages in my browser but they have not successfully automatically redirected as they say they will.
4 REPLIES 4

kyle_rubell
New Contributor
Hi Stephen, thanks for reaching out with your Q. Let me answer your Q with some details.

The US and EU infra allow customers in their regions to keep their data and configuration, separate. The logins for all our customers is central. So login once, and you can switch between the two different cloud hosted infrastructures (EU and US). The data and configuration in both sites is kept separate, so you cannot combine the two dashboards into a single dashboard. There are two ways that a customer can deploy their networks. If they want single dashboard to manage all their sites worldwide, then they can simply create all the venues under one hosted region. If they want to keep their EU sites hosted in EU region, then they can assign licenses during license activation to the EU region. Once those venues are set in EU region, they can only be managed by visiting the EU dashboard.

If you are a ruckus partner that manages customers in the separate hosting regions, then you would need to visit each site separately (you can login once, and then use links or URLs to switch between the two sites). Customers in each hosting region would be inviting you separately of course.

Just to re-iterate, the hosting sites do not share customer data or configurations. This is by design.

Thank you
Phal

phal_nanda
Contributor
Hi Stephen, thanks for reaching out with your Q. Let me answer your Q with some details. 

The US and EU infra allow customers in their regions to keep their data and configuration, separate. The logins for all our customers is central. So login once, and you can switch between the two different cloud hosted infrastructures (EU and US). The data and configuration in both sites is kept separate, so you cannot combine the two dashboards into a single dashboard. There are two ways that a customer can deploy their networks. If they want single dashboard to manage all their sites worldwide, then they can simply create all the venues under one hosted region. If they want to keep their EU sites hosted in EU region, then they can assign licenses during license activation to the EU region. Once those venues are set in EU region, they can only be managed by visiting the EU dashboard.

If you are a ruckus partner that manages customers in the separate hosting regions, then you would need to visit each site separately (you can login once, and then use links or URLs to switch between the two sites). Customers in each hosting region would be inviting you separately of course.

Just to re-iterate, the hosting sites do not share customer data or configurations. This is by design.

Thank you
Phal

stephen_moreau
New Contributor
Thanks Phal, I understand what you are saying about keeping the data sets distinct and separate. My question is related to the fact that I am having difficulties in logging out of one 'area' and logging into the other. The redirects are not working for me as I expect. 'Please wait while we redirect you....' never completes.

Hi Stephen, I see what you are saying. There could be some contact duplicates/status flag issues. I think I have your contact with me, let me open a channel of conversation to get to the problem in a bit more details. Will be reaching out shortly. 

Thanks
Phal