Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus R750

AriG
New Contributor II

Hi

I am new to admining Ruckus Cloud R1.

I need to configure and install an AP. I have a Ruckus R750 with Version 6.0.0.1.3209. it has been offline for some time.

When I try to configure it in Ruckus, I see the message

"never contacted cloud "

Venue Firmware Version: 6.2.1.103.2579

I suspect it may need a firmware update however I wanted to check first.

regards

4 REPLIES 4

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hello @AriG,

SZ AP firmware are usually compatible for RUCKUS-One onboarding.

Since it is not working for you, please verify below points and see if that helps.

1. Make sure AP is not in connected state to another controller. You can check this by login into the AP CLI and run the command "get scg".
  2. Make sure AP is able to reach internet and all the important public URL are reachable, you can find the list of port and URLs on RUCKUS-One UI.
    2023-10-17_01-42-22.gif
  3. If everything is looking good and still AP is not connecting, upgrade the AP firmware to standalone version. You can download the image from here.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

AriG
New Contributor II

Hi

How do I login into the AP ?

Amith
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @AriG

Please perform a hard reset on the AP and try to login using the default credentials: super/sp-admin.

Steps to perform a hard reset:

-> On the rear side of the AP you can see the "HARD RESET" hole which is located near the Ethernet ports.
-> Insert a paper clip or any point object into the “HARD RESET” hole and press & hold it for 15-20 seconds.
-> This factory defaults the AP.
-> Now the AP can be accessed using it's default ip address 192.168.0.1 by directly connecting to a PC in the same subnet.
Execute the commands: "get acx", "get version" and "get scg" from the AP CLI. 

Note: Once the AP gets connected to the cloud portal you will not be able to login to the AP. Only Ruckus support has access to the CLI. 

Thank you!
Amith 

AriG
New Contributor II