cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud DHCP Service Profiles

james_everingha
New Contributor
Can anyone provide more detail on how the dhcp service profiles work ? Does this activate a dhcp server on every AP within the selected venue or does it relay requests to the cloud portal? Also if I create a pool and activate it on multiple venues will they share the pool or have a pool per venue ?  

There isn't much in the way of guidance on this so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi James,

This is a new feature on our latest Cloud version and it is well documented.

Please refer the user guide form here and check page number 53-56.

This is also well documented on DHCP server setup wizard on Cloud GUI.

Image_ images_messages_5f91c45b135b77e247a40f87_e5f7e67746e364b11ea1a5beecd6e887_RackMultipart2020100785489jshu-02023e93-b1bb-4d67-a59d-a75793589e7e-873044470.png1602077661

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

@syamantak_omer A few things don't seem clear to me in the documentation. All APs in a venue act as a DHCP server/NAT gateway, according to the documentation you referenced. Does that mean when a DHCP profile is configured and enabled on a specific venue that all APs in that venue use the same DHCP pool? Is the DHCP lease information somehow shared between APs in a venue? My point being, could a client connected to AP1 have the same DHCP address as a client connected to AP2?

My specific scenario is this, multiple APs in a venue each with a separate Internet connection (GPON with public DHCP assigned address). If I place all of these APs in the same venue and create one DHCP policy for the venue, will this function correctly or do I need to create a separate venue and separate DHCP pool for each AP?

Hi Jeremy,

As per my understanding, it should work fine because each AP will have a different NAT at AP level, so client traffic will be accordingly unique for each AP/DHCP pool.

Please confirm if you had any issue in this use case. If yes, please provide more details so that we can check or you can raise a support case for further troubleshooting.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn