cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Add new AP

jason_bawcom_74
New Contributor
Under Venue, tried to add a new AP and pasted serial number into the Serial number field and would never take it. Then hand typed and it still does not take it. An Error event happens each time saying it could not add Access Point. Then I accidentally typed in the wrong serial number off 1 digit on 1 of the numbers and that Allowed it to be added. Super odd? Serial I'm trying to add is 491483802079 and MAC is F0:B0:52:24:12:30. Note that I did have it connected previously, then I just noticed it was in the Staging zone so I removed it from there and also re-tried. However, it still would not work. I keep seeing it come back to the Staging Zone so I factory reset the AP, removed from Staging, rebooted AP, waited for it to come back up, then tried to re-add to Venue, and still would not. I'll wait a bit, then there it is under Staging Zone. Arghhhhh
11 REPLIES 11

brian_harjula
New Contributor II
S/N 131533102678 
MAC 94:F6:65:17:A3:60
R600 provided by Ruckus

brian_harjula
New Contributor II
I also factory reset my Ruckus provided brand new R600 with the unleashed_R500_R600_200.0.9.9.483.bl7  firmware already installed and reattempted to add the AP into the Venue unsuccessfully. Same result "Could not add access point, please try again". I can't add any serial number, even an incorrect one.

Hi Brian,
Pls share your email address that u used for login.
thanks
Phal

ok, we got the root. We have a bug. Currently, if you are using your verified VAR email (that you use to login to Ruckus Support account), we are hitting a bug of not being able to assign you trial licenses for cloud. We will fix this. 

For now, could you log out of all Ruckus support logins (use a new browser e.g.) and use a separate personal email to create a trial account? That should go through properly and you would be able to start your trial. we have 10 AP licenses assigned per trial account.

We aim to fix that bug in about 2-3 weeks (hopefully sooner) when we roll out the next beta. 

Thank you for your help and patience as we go through the beta.
thanks
Phal