cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus IOT AP's

sharansuvarna
New Contributor

Hi Team,

I am working on the project where we would like to integrate the Zigbee devices into the Crestron home automation system, So in the process, I would like to use the ruckus IOT platform to get all the Zigbee devices in the individual room to talk to the ruckus AP's via  i100 IoT module and then push those data to the 3rd part Crestron home automation system.

Below are the few key points I would like to know

• Does the ruckus IOT APs with the  i100 IoT, support all the Zigbee devices?
  • Does the ruckus IOT platform has the capability to integrate to 3rd party automation platform ? Is it via the API integration ? 

Thank you

Regards,

Sharan Suvarna

Sr. Systems Engineer, Access Online Inc

Office: +1 (847) 306-3777  Ext: 8303

Email: sharan@accessonline.io

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Vineet_nejwala

Hi @sharansuvarna 

1)  The device SHOULD be Zigbee certified (by Zigbee Alliance)to make sure it is Zigbee complaint and interoperable with other Zigbee devices including Ruckus Access point's. All the Zigbee alliance certified devices can be found here https://csa-iot.org/csa-iot_products/#products and is supported by us.

2) We have additional Plug-ins to support different Vendor (example DK and others) though specifically for your requirement you would need to enable "Activate the Controller Data Stream Plugin".Whe enabled, it sends IoT device-related details to the third-party MQTT endpoint (MQTT Broker). The device data stream is sent to third-party every 300 seconds. The Controller Data Stream is a Message Queue Telemetry Transport (MQTT) data stream. 

Best Regards

Vineet

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Vineet_nejwala

Hi @sharansuvarna 

1)  The device SHOULD be Zigbee certified (by Zigbee Alliance)to make sure it is Zigbee complaint and interoperable with other Zigbee devices including Ruckus Access point's. All the Zigbee alliance certified devices can be found here https://csa-iot.org/csa-iot_products/#products and is supported by us.

2) We have additional Plug-ins to support different Vendor (example DK and others) though specifically for your requirement you would need to enable "Activate the Controller Data Stream Plugin".Whe enabled, it sends IoT device-related details to the third-party MQTT endpoint (MQTT Broker). The device data stream is sent to third-party every 300 seconds. The Controller Data Stream is a Message Queue Telemetry Transport (MQTT) data stream. 

Best Regards

Vineet

Thank you for the response. 

In regards to the 2nd point,  can we control the end devices (Zigbee devices)?. 

For example, If a room temperature is changed from 25°C to 20°C by the thermostat and that information is passed on to the 3rd party controller from the Ruckus Iot controller platform via the MQTT protocol(As mentioned above), now can I change the back the room temperature back to the 25°C from the 3rd party controller by sending the command/API to the Ruckus Iot controller which in turn pushes it down to that particular thermostat.

@sharansuvarna the data stream would only be for collecting data and AFAIK we do not support third party API. You can have a look at our REST API'S though :

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/documents/4150-ruckus-iot-2-0-0-0-ga-controller-rest-api-guide

Best Regards

Vineet

Labels