cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there any specific settings necessary to run HomeKit devices via the Ruckus APs ?

Truman
New Contributor II

Hi there,

I have a Unifi system with several switches and access points and exchanged now the access points by 3x Ruckus R550 Unleashed and 3x R350 Unleashed access points (5 of the Ruckus APs are wired, one is connected via mesh). The Ruckus APs are running the latest unleashed firmware.

After I connected the Ruckus access points to the Unifi system, my HomeKit devices and automatations stopped working most of the time. 
I.e. I have 8 Meross thermostats, which are connected by wifi to HomeKit, where I can only control 4 of those thermostats via HomeKit, while the other 4 are showing a "no answer" message in HomeKit.
With the Meross app, I can control all 8 thermostats. It just stopped working with HomeKit.

Is there a specific configuration necessary to get this going ?

I also have other wifi connected components from Shelly, which are linked to HomeKit via Homebridge, and which most of the time don't work in HomeKit, but work with the vendor (Shelly) app.

All those IoT devices are in a separate vlan and the iPhone, which is used for HomeKit, is also in the same vlan.

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 REPLY 1

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi @Truman,

If all these devices are part of the same VLAN, I don't think there should be any problem.

If these devices are using mDNS for service discovery, please make sure directed multicast is disable.

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/unleashed-200.9-onlinehelp/page/GUID-92FB1860-3276-4819-8A0F-78116... 

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn