cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to ssh to the ICX switch with my username and password with out entering enable password?

reda_sh
New Contributor II
I can login to my ICX6540 switch with my user account but always it asks for enable password .
I need to disable the enable password so I can access to privilege mode directly
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

vincent_felisaz
Contributor
Yes sure. Add this command "aaa authentication login privilege-mode". In this way the device enters the Privileged EXEC mode after a successful login through Telnet or SSH.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

vincent_felisaz
Contributor
Hello Reda
If you have this line "aaa authentication enable default local" in the running config, try to remove it, and retest.
Vince

reda_sh
New Contributor II
Thanks Vince for your prompt response
this prevents me to access the switch

vincent_felisaz
Contributor
If you want to have a 1st login/password to access the switch, you can use "aaa authentication login default local". This line refers to an authentication based on local created user. So this needs a config line with something like "username YOUR-NAME password ...".

reda_sh
New Contributor II
I have local admin account and also command "aaa authentication login default local"
I can access with my local account but I have to enter the enable password
my request is to use my local admin account only without the need to enter enable password as well