cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stacking configuration question

jdaylett
New Contributor

I am currently taking the ICX 150 course and I'm on the Stacking module. During the part about the stack interactive-setup process, a note from one of the slides says not to pre-define stack ports and trunks on member units as the utility auto-discovers all correctly cabled ports and trunks. But then in the linked video (How to Configure RUCKUS ICX Stacking on FastIron 8.0.95 (youtube.com)) later in this section, the instructor defines all the stack ports and trunks for all switches in the stack before enabling the stack and beginning the interactive-setup utility.

What am I missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BenBeck

Hey @jdaylett 

There are many ways to get to the same destination. There is no 'right' way in my mind. Generally speaking, you do not need to define stacking ports on the units you are adding.

I did write this self-help article on this topic. Please take a look:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Self-Help/How-to-Build-an-ICX-Stack-via-Stack-Interac...

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

BenBeck

Hey @jdaylett 

There are many ways to get to the same destination. There is no 'right' way in my mind. Generally speaking, you do not need to define stacking ports on the units you are adding.

I did write this self-help article on this topic. Please take a look:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Self-Help/How-to-Build-an-ICX-Stack-via-Stack-Interac...

jdaylett
New Contributor

@BenBeck Awesome, thanks for the clarification and the article.

No problem. If this resolves your issue, please click 'Accept as Solution'.