cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus branded software on Brocade branded ICX 7xxx hardware?

rdkb_informatio
New Contributor II

It's such a long story about why, but I have a pair or Brocade ICX 7450-24 switches that were never deployed that I'm just rolling out now. I'd love to update the firmware first, but it appears Ruckus has taken over Brocade. Show version provides, among other things:  SW: Version 08.0.20T213. So that number seems like the software version, and it appears to be a few minor versions behind 2021 versions.

Question is: does anyone know if Ruckus branded software images are compatible with Brocade branded hardware?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hashim_bharooc1
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Justin,

I am not sure about old hardware that is why i am saying to go with 8030u.

But if you want to upgrade and can certainly try it.

8030 to 8080e non-UFI to 89090j UFI.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Hashim

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

hashim_bharooc1
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Justin,

I am not sure about old hardware that is why i am saying to go with 8030u.

But if you want to upgrade and can certainly try it.

8030 to 8080e non-UFI to 89090j UFI.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Hashim

Thanks to everyone, but special shout out to you Hasim. That 08030u update from May 2020 seems to have gone smoothly straight from the factory 08020t. Nice. This version has support for NTP and TLS 1.2 and probably a bunch of other stuff I haven't touched yet, which is nice. Good to be updated to the current decade, at the very least - d.

netwizz
Contributor III

We have old hardware...  Says Brocade and it is running 08.0.90x, where I cannot remember what the specific version is....  have not upgraded it since COVID-19 began.

hashim_bharooc1
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Justin,

Please place full output of show version.

Thanks

Hashim

DarrelRhodes
Valued Contributor

Hi Paul,

The ICX7450 is a current switch in the Ruckus product line: https://www.commscope.com/product-type/enterprise-networking/ethernet-switches/icx7450/

The platform will support the latest FastIron versions found here: https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software?filter=106#sort=relevancy&f:@commonproducts=[ICX%207450]

However, as mentioned above by Justin; you will need to upgrade in steps as your switches currently have very old software. Please pay close attention to the release notes on the 'Documents' tab on the Ruckus support site at the link above.

Hope that helps,
Darrel.