cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem ICX7150 having VL1 untagged and VL10 tagged on the same interface

Zif
New Contributor

I'm working on a ICX 7150 48zp and having a problem getting a tagged VLAN to co-exist with the default native VLAN 1 on a single interface.

When I add "vlan 10" > "tagged ethernet 1/1/1" the ethernet 1/1/1 is no longer part of vlan 1. 

3 REPLIES 3

Chandini
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Zif

Thank you for reaching us.

If you are not using port 1/1/1 in any other vlan as untagged then the port would still be a part of vlan 1 as untagged as vlan 1 is the default vlan on the switch. 

Could you validate the details using below commands:

• show vlan br eth 1/1/1
  • show vlan

Thanks 

Zif
New Contributor

This is the only output I have right now. It definitely accepts only VLAN 10 after adding tagged ethernet 1/1/1 to the vlan 10 configuration section. 

I even tried creating vlan 2 as a replacement and adding 1/1/1 as untagged but it would not allow me to set a port to set untagged to any port that has tagged VLANs assigned. It had a message that says something like "port ethe 1/1/1 are not member of default vlan". I read something that says it may need to be place in dual mode so I will be trying that soon

Port 1/1/1 is a member of 1 VLANs
VLANs 10
Untagged VLAN  :  1
Tagged    VLANs :  10

Chandini
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Zif

Ack and Thanks for reaching us.

Dual mode is for older versions if you are running code 8080 and above I suppose you would be unable to see those commands. 

If you want to "untagged port 1/1/1 to vlan 2" and earlier this port was in "vlan 1 as untagged" you can use the below commands

• device(config)#vlan 2
  • device(config-vlan-2)#untagged eth 1/1/1
  • After you run the above commands you would see a message like "Added untagged port(s) ethe 1/1/1 to port-vlan 2"
  • Then you can use command "show vlan br eth 1/1/1" to validate the port mappings.

Could you let me know what is the firmware version running on the switch ?

Thanks