cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Template Variable string for LLDP information

nielsenk
New Contributor

Is there a variable sting that can be used with Port Templates to populate the Port-name with the LLDP name? 

6 REPLIES 6

Chandini
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Nielsenk

Thank you for reaching us

• Could you please help us with more details about the requirement ?
  • Are you looking for port name and LLDP detail display in switch output or in a different tool ? If yes could you please help us with tool you are trying to display it on ? And is your concern related to template to be used on that tool ?
  • Could you please help us with switch model and firmware version on the switch ? 

Thanks 

I have port templates set up or access point ports, I'm wondering if there is a way to take the LLDP information from the port having the template applied and then change the port-name (description) of the port to include the the name from the LLDP device, say the AP name is HS-2-12.
For instance:
The template applies the required vlan's and other port configuration, then reads the LLDP info and applies the AP name  to the port-name.

I’m interested in your ap port template as a point of reference for creating mine. Could you share the code?

Chandini
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Nielsenk

Ack and Noted. Thanks for sharing the details. Could you please log a case with us using the below link. There might be a need to share and exchange more details and information with regard to your setup.

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Thanks