cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCT with LR Transceivers

nils_kahle
New Contributor II

Hi,

as I have not found a clear answer from the MCT Documents.

Is it possible to use LR Transceivers for the ICL Connection of an MCT instead of DAC Cables? I was unable to find a definitive source for it.

I expect it to work, as it does work for Stacking and for MCT only a static LAG is required.

Also for using ICX 7650-48F would I need to use some 40G Ports, or could I also use the 10G Ports as my ICL?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

nils_kahle
New Contributor II

Hi,

what do you mean with the media restrictions being due to the port being used?

Do you mean the restrictions are on the supported ways to use a port (Supported DAC, Supported Transceivers, etc.)?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

BenBeck

Hey There, 

Any media restrictions would be due to the port being used and not due to the fact that it is an ICL. If the port supports the proposed optic, it should work. You can surely use a 10Gb port for the ICL. Our optics datasheet is here for reference:

https://www.commscope.com/globalassets/digizuite/61722-ds-ethernet-optics-family.pdf

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

nils_kahle
New Contributor II

Hi,

what do you mean with the media restrictions being due to the port being used?

Do you mean the restrictions are on the supported ways to use a port (Supported DAC, Supported Transceivers, etc.)?

Hey Nils, 

I just mean every switch model has certain optics/transceivers that are supported. The optics datasheet I linked prior lays all of those options out. As long the optic/transceiver is supported, you should be good to go. It isn't tied to the protocol (ex. MCT ICL) being used.

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Hi Ben,

thats great to hear, thanks for the feedback.