cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX8200 configuration

stobbertt
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am having some problems configuring an icx8200 switch. I am following the Ruckus Fastiron Web Manamgement Interface UserGuid 10.0.10. The management port is assigned with an IP address, users are created and authentication is set up.
According to the show web command, the HTTP and HTTPS servers are enabled. However, no IP is displayed under Web Session Management.
The laptop is connected directly to the management port via LAN cable. I can ping the ip, but cannot reach it via the browser

Thanks for help

Patrick

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Mayank
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi stobbertt,

I would recommend you upgrade this switch to 10010c_cd2  and then test it.

Thanks

View solution in original post

stobbertt
New Contributor II

Hi,

i found a solution, i use the cli command "for the facory reset

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

stobbertt
New Contributor II

Hi,

i found a solution, i use the cli command "for the facory reset

Mayank
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Stobbertt,

Thank you for the update.

This is Acknowledged.

stobbertt
New Contributor II

Hi, the WebUserInterface is running now. Thanks for Help.

But how can i configure the Switch to a Layer 2 Switch, i don´t need the L3 Function.

Thanks a lot

Mayank
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Stobbertt,

Glad to know that the Web user interface is running.

In 8200, The Switching image was deprecated with 10.0 and each platform will only use one image starting with 10.0.

ALL the L3 image support L2 features starting with 10.0, Only routing image are available for all supported models.
Switching features are still available in the routing image.

>The 8200 by design doesn't support l2 image so there is no ip default-gateway command.

>Instead we need to specify the route to forward the traffic to an external subnet. We can either use static routes, default routes or a routing protocol.

>If you want to use the ICX8200 switch as a L2 device follow the below steps:

You just need to add a default route to the device, And then add the VLANs you want. The ICX8200 model can only run L3 firmware images. That's why we need to add a default route for it to start behaving as an L2 switch, where it is only passing VLAN traffic in and out. We also need to identify the VLAN where this default route communication goes through. And then create a virtual interface and assign the IP that will be used for management and for communication with the default gateway.

Example:

-Create the virtual interface and assign the IP form MGMT and default route:

ICX8200-switch#conf t
ICX8200-switch(config)#vlan 10
ICX8200-switch(config-vlan10)#interface ve 10
ICX8200-switch(config-if-ve10)#ip address 10.10.10.2/24

Here's the command for the default route:

ICX8200-switch#conf t
ICX8200-switch(config)#ip route 0.0.0.0/0 10.10.10.1 (IP address of your ICX7850 router, which is the default gateway for the management vlan)

ICX8200 with the code 10.00, this code only came in routing, so you can configure the IP address under a VE, loopback or port.

Beginning with the 09.0.00 release, when a VLAN is configured, a virtual routing interface is statically mapped to the VLAN ID. However,
only when you issue the interface ve-num command does the virtual interface get created.

Please refer the below link for your reference :

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Self-Help/IP-Address-Assignment-in-8200-Devices/td-p/...

I hope this information helps you

Please feel free to leave us a message if any concerns

Note: Please feel free to mark the post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS if its addressed your query.

Thanks