cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX8200 Stacking

Richl
New Contributor

Just taken Delivery of a pile of ICX8200 Switches - I want to stack 2 Units together: ICX8200-48ZP2-E2 & ICX8200-48P.

Unlike our Previous ICX7250 these new 8200 only have 4 10GB SFP+ Ports

I want to stack them with DAC Cables and have an Uplink Port for the Connection Back to the Core 

Can someone tell me what to plug into each port to achieve this?  The Documentation does not explain this basic wiring setup before powering up!

Any help much appreciated - Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey Rich, 

That would work. In your scenario, you could use 1/2/2 1/2/4 2/2/2 2/2/4 for uplink (or any regular data link). A common thing we see in your example would be an uplink in the form of a LAG for redundancy. In this example, you could LAG 1/2/2 2/2/2 together. There are tons of options here and really it is your personal preference as to how much bandwidth, redundancy, etc. you want to build into your solution. Hope that helps!

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hey Rich, 

That would work. In your scenario, you could use 1/2/2 1/2/4 2/2/2 2/2/4 for uplink (or any regular data link). A common thing we see in your example would be an uplink in the form of a LAG for redundancy. In this example, you could LAG 1/2/2 2/2/2 together. There are tons of options here and really it is your personal preference as to how much bandwidth, redundancy, etc. you want to build into your solution. Hope that helps!

Richl
New Contributor

That’s great Ben thanks for clearing that up - just as a matter of interest how would the Linear stacking example have an uplink when all the 4 ports have Dac cables fitted with nothing left for the uplink!

Hey @Richl 

You would need to use a module 1 port for your uplink in that case.