cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX Linux Command Support

WilliamM
New Contributor

Hello,

We use a lot of ICX 7xxx series switches. We currently run SPS08090 firmware. I am wondering if Brocade switches have any kind of Linux command support similar to Cisco switches such as grep or other commands. At this time I am mainly interested in the functionality grep offers over include/exclude, but other commands linux offers are something I am looking more into. I am also interested to see if the switches can run scripts/functions like the linux options on a cisco switch can do.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The sales team path would just be the formal way to submit Requests For Enhancements. As for the linux command question, that functionality is actually purposefully disabled in all customer images. 

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

BenBeck

There is not much outside of include/exclude within the CLI itself. I guess it depends on what you are trying to do. I am not familiar with all the Cisco functions, so tough for me to comment there. I would advise checking with your sales team and they could also formally submit any Requests For Enhancements (RFEs) on your behalf to be considered for future releases. 

WilliamM
New Contributor

Thank you @BenBeck. I prefer not to ask our sales team for technical advice though. Are you aware of any additional command options on brocades? From what I read, ICX switches run based off Linux OS. So on Ciscos, you have the ability to enable some basic Linux command functionality since they also run based off Linux OS. I am just wondering if Brocades have this same option. Similar to how there are hidden dm/debug commands, is there something hidden for Linux command support? Please let me know if this question isn't making sense.

The sales team path would just be the formal way to submit Requests For Enhancements. As for the linux command question, that functionality is actually purposefully disabled in all customer images. 

WilliamM
New Contributor

Thank you @BenBeck. That confirms what I was looking to find out.