cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX Kill Console Not Working

KennethDelaney
New Contributor II

I have an ICX7650 with 8.0.90kufi firmware with two console connections that I cannot remove via #kill console n.    When I do a #who command I can see two console connections, one over 175 days, and the kill console command doesn't remove them.  I'm sure doing a reload would remove them, but this is a Distribution switch for the core network and was looking for a sure way to kill these stale console connections.

Hitachi Vantara Federal
Network Engineer, RICX
3 REPLIES 3

BenBeck

Hey Kenneth,

Is this a stack? Do you have output? I have investigated similar behavior in the past and there are some design limitations in certain scenarios. Also, please note 8090 code is no longer being patched. Code recommendations can be found on the product support pages or you can follow this post I made:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Self-Help/What-code-should-I-run-on-my-ICX-Check-the-...

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

KennethDelaney
New Contributor II

No stack, standalone ICX.  We do plan on upgrading them at some point to either 8.0.95j or 9.0.10e.  It's not affecting anything but definitely odd behavior.

Hitachi Vantara Federal
Network Engineer, RICX

Got it. My investigation on this was a few years ago (prior to 9.x existing). A quick glance on 9010f does not show any unexpected console sessions. If you would like to actively investigate, please open a support case so it can be tracked properly. 

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us