cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX 7250 OIDS

Assiamour_
New Contributor II

Hello, I'm trying to monitor my switch's CPU load, memory util, and temperature through a third party network monitoring tool (PRTG). I have been looking everywhere for the snmp OIDs to do so but can't find them anywhere. My switch's version is  08.0.95mT211.

9 REPLIES 9

inphobia
New Contributor III

a sensor of type "SNMP Custom Advanced" with these settings should do the trick

inphobia_0-1716952399547.png

however it seems there's a bug in prtg where only the first channel works....

you can work around this by making "SNMP Custom" sensors for each oid like this:

inphobia_1-1716952565998.png

i'll open a case with paessler

Assiamour_
New Contributor II

Hey Inphobia, thank you very much for your answers. I ended up finding an oid that returns a table for the CPU utilization which works perfectly. The memory used sensor OID you provided in your screenshot is outdated I believe because the value returned is always <0.01Gb, the Dram total sensor works and the Dram Used OID you provided seems to actually be the DRAM free but it works. The problem is, I have a stack of three ICX 7250's at the IP that I'm monitoring but the sensor only monitors one of the switches. 

Assiamour__1-1716986279034.png

Assiamour__0-1716985910623.png

inphobia
New Contributor III

"The memory used sensor OID you provided in your screenshot is outdated I believe because the value returned is always <0.01Gb"

just grepped through a full snmpwalk to find possible options. for the memused however, if the mib is correct it should report percentage used. i think you might have set that to "memorybytes" instead of "percent" in the sensor config.

after having a closer look it seems like my stack's output shows only stats for the master cpu & memory as well. regretfully don't have a lot of time to dig through the mibs & figure out where & how they've hidden that info.

2 notes:
* i'm running 10.0.20, so the mib table you referenced there from 8.0.95 might not apply
* stopped looking after i clicked on "system dram" and which explained how to get temperature & license info instead.
https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/fastiron-10020-mibref/page/GUID-9EEF8E57-330A-4C1C-AA33-8741FA46A9...

i've been giving ruckus a hard time on the documentation (particularly for 10.x) but stuff like the "system dram" mentioned above does not inspire confidence.

sometimes they do make you smile, like when you pay for a license and find out they didn't even bother to run a spell checker on the cli command:

SSH@campus-core1#license
set Set seriral number for a specified software license

now where do i find a "seriral" number 😄

You're absolutely right. I can't thank you enough for all of your help. I added the memory used as a percentage this time, it gave me the same result as when I calculate the percentage myself using the values returned from the dynamic memory total and used. I will be replacing the dynamic memory sensors with that one for sure. I opened a case with RUCKUS to see if there is a way to monitor all of the switches in a stack, if ever they get back to me with a way to do it I'll be sure to post it here.

Assiamour_
New Contributor II

Assiamour__3-1716987106332.png

This is the screenshot from PRTG