cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX 7150 stack unconfigure unit # not working ? 08.0.90jT211

rafael_rocha_i5
New Contributor III

Hello, We are installing a group of stack 7150 switches. When In place we saw that a few stacks are having more or less Switches as required. so the problem is when trying to remove the units that will not be necessary the master switch of the stack is not accepting the unit number and saying that is invalid unit. Is a bug or something else ?

ICX7150-48-G03A2#show stack
T=9m33.2: alone: standalone, 😧 dynamic cfg, S: static
ID   Type          Role    Mac Address    Pri State   Comment
1  S ICX7150-48P   active  dcae.eb3b.60e0 128 local   Ready
2  S ICX7150-48    member  0000.0000.0000   0 reserve
3  S ICX7150-48    standby c0c5.2085.3aa9   0 remote  Ready
4  S ICX7150-48    member  c0c5.2083.ff01   0 remote  Ready
5  S ICX7150-48    member  d4c1.9e52.6d18   0 remote  Ready

standby                                active
     +---+        +---+        +---+        +---+
  3/3| 3 |3/1--3/3| 4 |3/1--3/3| 5 |3/1--3/3| 1 |3/1
     +---+        +---+        +---+        +---+
Standby u3 - protocols ready, can failover
Current stack management MAC is dcae.eb3b.60e0
ICX7150-48-G03A2#stack un
  unconfigure         recover the startup config and remove stack boot flash
ICX7150-48-G03A2#stack unconfigure 2
Error! Unit 2 is not a stack member.
ICX7150-48-G03A2#

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BenBeck

Hey There, 

It is hard to say off of that output. We would need to see how you built the stack to have a better understanding. If you are just trying to delete a non-existent unit, you would do something like this:

conf t

no stack unit 2

I would recommend opening a case (see my signature) if you would like some more in-depth help on this. 

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

BenBeck

Hey There, 

It is hard to say off of that output. We would need to see how you built the stack to have a better understanding. If you are just trying to delete a non-existent unit, you would do something like this:

conf t

no stack unit 2

I would recommend opening a case (see my signature) if you would like some more in-depth help on this. 

Hi Ben, thanks for the input.

I am not sure if this command that you suggest is valid for the icx switches, I am not able to find a example in the documentation or the internet.

I am tried to follow this suggestions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyigDzNDW1M

http://docs.ruckuswireless.com/fastiron/08.0.60/fastiron-08060-switchstackingguide/GUID-4D7CC347-8CF...

https://forums.ruckuswireless.com/conversations/ruckus-icx-switches/removing-a-switch-from-an-existi...

Its look pretty straight forward to me, about the output... based on the guides above it should work as there is nothing fancying in this stack. In my case this situation even happened with a group brand new of the box. I updated de switches versions, physically stack with DAC cables, did the stack enable on the master and input the stack interactive command's. Only that after revisiting the site the client decided to change the one switch with 48 ports for another one of of 48 PoE ports...

None less I opened a case.
I will update this thread with the answer when I find one. 

Hey there, 

I think it will be much easier to check this 1-on-1 with one of our engineers. Please note that once a stack is formed, you cannot replace one model for another (7150 POE vs. 7150 non-POE, etc.). You would basically need to delete the prior unit and then add the replacement that is a different sub-model. There are various ways you could do this and it can be a bit tedious, so it would probably be best to have our Support team assist. 

Just to update and made sure that other persons will be able to find the answer here. Ben you first instruction was correct. The support told me the same commands as you and it worked for me.

To remove a unit from a stack the correct command its to enter the config t mode and execute **no stack unit "NUMBER of the UNIT to be removed" **

I would suggest to the Ruckus employees responsable for the documantation organization to explain better the stack commands session of the ICX. As I told before, the '' no stack unit # "was not included or easly to find in the guides.