cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX 7150 firmware

network_adminis
New Contributor III

Can any one tell me why 08.0.95g is the recommended firmware when there is 09.0.10c?

I have all my 7250's on 09.0.10c and when I contracted support for an issue they said that I need to go back to 08.0.95g. 

Confused

5 REPLIES 5

BenBeck

Hey @network_adminis 

A higher number is not the thing to look for. A 'G' patch is going to be much more mature than a 'C' patch. We would only recommend 9010 code stream if you have specific features or hardware that require such code. We will generally recommend the most mature, active code stream. In this case, our recommendation is generally going to be 8095g or 8095h. 

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

I was told that the 9.x had tighter integration with Ruckus Analytics so that is the reason we were using 9.x. I have to pay the licenses for the switches to be in Analytics for I thought I would get my monies worth.

Hey @network_adminis 

I am not a subject matter expert on the Ruckus Analytics side, so I cannot speak to that portion of the solution. My recommendations above are generic and apply to most customers. If you have specifically been told 9.x is better for you by account team, etc., then that should be okay as well. 

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

network_adminis
New Contributor III

Support told me to go back to 8095g from 09.0.10c because of a bug where all access to the switch is lost on the 9.x code. Just frustrated.