cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX-7150-C12P Firmware Update Failing

TheSpartan18k
Visitor

Hello!

I have an ICX-7150-C12P switch that is currently running firmware version 9.0.10e. I am trying to update it to the latest release or at least a release after 9.0.10e. I have tried updating with USB, TFTP, and through the GUI using both partitions and it consistently fails. I have tried every version 9.0.10f through 9.0.10j_cd4. I have also tried the SPS and SPR versions. The switch boots perfectly fine and runs the connected R710 AP without any issues. I can reboot the switch and it comes up as normal, but it won't update the firmware.

1 REPLY 1

MariaC862

Hi!

Thank you for your post, there could be various reasons for this issue. Do you see any error come up when trying to load the code?

If not, do you save the changes after the copy is completed? using the #write mem command?

If yes, please share the error message.

Is there any particular reason for upgrading to that version? the recommended code for ICX7150 is 8095n.

Please share logs that show how are you doing the upgrade, note that for USB upgrade we recommend file format FAT32 and for TFTP copy is important to have any firewall disabled (Although if these were the issues you would see an error message)

Let me know, thanks!