cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX 6450 SFP+ No Link

asc
New Contributor II

Hi everyone,

I'm having problems in trying to get a fiber connection working between two ICX 6450 units.
Both Switches are using a Brocade 10G-SFPP-SR Module, and the Modules are being recognized by both Switches (via show media).

I've tried setting the interface speeds both to 1G and 10G (since Auto-Negotiation doesn't work on those interfaces) and I've tried swapping the polarities of the fiber cable, but I'm still not getting a working link.
The cable (2m) itself is fine and works between two HP Switches. Are there any settings unique to ICX Switches that I am missing?

Here is my running config (pretty much identical for both switches):

ver 08.0.30uT311
!
stack unit 1
module 1 icx6450-48-port-management-module
module 2 icx6450-sfp-plus-4port-40g-module
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
aaa authentication web-server default local
aaa authentication login default local
ip address ___
no ip dhcp-client enable
ip default-gateway ___
!
username Administrator password ___
password-change any
!
!
web-management enable ethe 1/1/1 ethe 1/1/48
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
end

I have also just noticed that stacking is enabled on 1/2/1 and 1/2/3

But according to one of the ICX 6450 Guides that shouldn't matter:

Ports 1 and 3 are default stacking ports. Default stacking ports have the capability to accept special
stacking packets during a CLI-initiated command sequence of the Secure Setup utility. If ports 1 and 3
are not used as stacking ports, you can use them as data ports. Configuration is not required to use
them as data ports.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

asc
New Contributor II

Seems like disabling the stacking did the trick. I've now got 1GB speed to work and I think 10GB should work too, which I unfortunately can't test right now because I would have to reset the switch.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

asc
New Contributor II

Seems like disabling the stacking did the trick. I've now got 1GB speed to work and I think 10GB should work too, which I unfortunately can't test right now because I would have to reset the switch.

asc
New Contributor II

I've just tested 10GB on the second port (I totally forgot i could use the other one) and it works too. So the problem really was the stacking.