cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX 6450 Can't Login after enabling FIPS mode

michael_schmitt
New Contributor
After enabling FIPS mode on a ICX 6450-24, I am unable to login through the console following reload.  Console history review showed that the user account was deleted from the config after issuing the fips enable command in global config.  There was no mention of this possibility in the FIPS mode configuration guide.I have been unable to reset or recover from this.  Any guidance would be greatly appreciated...
8 REPLIES 8

jon_sands_jjbhk
New Contributor
I know this is 5 months old, but if you still need it (eg you don't have a support account), I can remove FIPS for you

Ruckus does not advise any customer to try and change/convert any FIPS hardware to run on any but FIPS software. 

We do not advise anyone to contact Jon Sands on his offer.

jon_sands_jjbhk
New Contributor
test

jon_sands_jjbhk
New Contributor
it's not "FIPS hardware", it's your regular hardware with a FIPS flag set in the config. You guys have your own supported command in the bootloader to wipe FIPS mode and any related configs, just run "factory set-default" in the bootloader. If this is supposed to be some huge secret, maybe don't publicly publish the sources that include said commands?

You've added even more ways, looking at your init script that starts under linux, however I will keep those secret as they are not published like factory reset is