cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with upgrading firmware.

conan_lindsey
New Contributor II
I am looking into upgrading firmware on our icx 7150 switches and I wanted to verify upgrade options. We currently have a number of switches running 08.0.80caT211 and some that are running 08.0.90bT213. The older version is a non router firmware and the others are router firmware. I would like to have all switches on the 08.0.90bT213 firmware. My main question is if I upgrade a non router switch to router capable firmware will they go offline until I change the ip information, or will they convert the current information to match new configuration options? Will I have to use a console connection to manually change the settings to the proper default gateway and add a routable virtual interface.
6 REPLIES 6

You an also upgrade the existing 08090b to 08090d with the same command for consistency...

ftp flash x.x.x.x SPR08090bufi.bin primary

I would also do a "write memory" or "wr mem" before the restart just incase the vendor did not save all configurations for some reason.

You also want to do a "sh clock" to ensure the time is proper.  For example right now I get:

08:09:46.999 Eastern Wed Oct 02 2019

If the time is wrong, check your NTP and time-zone settings via "show run" and "sh ntp associations"

My commands are:
clock summer-time
clock timezone us Eastern
!
!
ntp
 server x.x.x.x
!

From there you can schedule the restart via reload at xx:xx:xx xx-xx-xx for the time and date.

We have 08080e deployed and will be doing the same.

Best regards,

Justin

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Always consider your feature function needs.  Version trains run parallel and add fixes, etc.  If you don't have a problem, why upgrade?  If it ain't broke...