cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FastIron 9.0.10d SSH Unstable

saxyryan
New Contributor

I'm experiencing an issue with SSH and an ICX 7250-48p running 9.0.10d router code. I'm connecting to the switch via the management ethernet interface, and while I can SSH in, it is extremely unreliable and frequently times out/hangs if it even lets me log in at all... Is this a known issue? Wondering if it's a configuration error on my end or if I need to downgrade back to 8.0.95. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the quick reply Ben. I had the same thought as you just now with trying a continuous ping to the device, and it seems that the management interface is just not reliable (just on this machine I guess?). I disconnected the management interface and instead assigned the IP to a virtual interface on the switch and things are much happier now. Not totally sure what the root cause is, but I'll just not use the management interface.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

BenBeck

Hey @saxyryan 

There are some SSH changes in 9.x, but this doesn't sound related to that as you can access at times. Are you having any connectivity drops? Please check a continuous ping. Also, do you have high CPU (show cpu)?

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Thanks for the quick reply Ben. I had the same thought as you just now with trying a continuous ping to the device, and it seems that the management interface is just not reliable (just on this machine I guess?). I disconnected the management interface and instead assigned the IP to a virtual interface on the switch and things are much happier now. Not totally sure what the root cause is, but I'll just not use the management interface.