cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fan noise on ICX 7150-48PF

BlueSystems99
New Contributor

Hello all

I have a pair of these switches working as a stack in a residential site, which have just been commissioned.  They replace some L2+ switches by A.N.Other brand that were not suitable.

Although these units are providing the functions we need, the cooling fans are extremely loud to the point of distraction to clients in the adjacent room.

Although my PoE budget is only about 30% on each switch,  fanless-mode-enable is apparently not compatible with this model.

Is there a way to remedy this?  Either hardware (replacement compatible fans) or software / CLI.

5 REPLIES 5

Hello,

Thank you for your patience. Based on the information provided, it doesn’t appear that there is any issue with the switch itself. I recommend verifying that the switch’s location and environmental conditions are suitable, following the guidelines provided.

If possible, please test a spare unit in the same location to determine whether the noise persists. This will help identify if the issue is specific to the switch units or related to the installation area.

Thanks!