cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed Stack Member after power failure

KHouston
New Contributor

I have 3 ICX7150-48PE, each with a 4x10FG 4-port 40G Module that have been in production for several years.    Over the weekend we had an extended building power failure where the switches lost power.   On restart, the 3rd switch will not connect to the stack.   I have looked at the config, checked cables, changed cables, restarted, and I get the same results.   The link lights work for endpoints that were connected to the switch, but the link lights on the stack ports are dark.  I have not configured switches in 4 years, so am I missing something, or is the 4-port module fried?

My exact configuration and status:

Show Stack 1

ICX7150-48PF active d4c1.9e59.c340 245 local Ready
2 S ICX7150-48PF standby d4c1.9e59.c810 240 remote Ready
3 S ICX7150-48PF member 0000.0000.0000 230 reserve

---show run cut---

stack unit 1
module 1 icx7150-48pf-poe-port-management-module
module 2 icx7150-2-copper-port-2g-module
module 3 icx7150-4-sfp-plus-port-40g-module
priority 245
stack-port 1/3/1 1/3/3
stack unit 2
priority 240
stack-port 2/3/1 2/3/3
stack unit 3
ignore-temp-shutdown
priority 230
stack-port 3/3/1 3/3/3
stack enable
stack mac d4c1.9e59.c340

2 REPLIES 2

Mayank
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi KHouston ,

Thank you for posting your query .

I understand that after the power failure the 3rd unit is not connecting to the stack.
you have already tried to swap cable, restarted but still the issue remain.

The link lights of unit 3 work for endpoints that were connected to the switch, but the link lights on the stack ports are dark

Can you please try a loop test as given below :

You just need to grab a known working patch cable and plug one end into one working port and the other end into one that is not working.

Please try this with all the affected ports and let me know if the ports come up. With the loop test we can isolate
that is when you connect a patch cable to the port that is not working or bad and the other end of the patch cable you connect it to a known good port,if the link is able to go up then the port is good.

If in the loop test the stack port didn't come up then we have to do RMA of the unit .

Moving Forward If this issue is not resolved in the loop test the stack port didn't come up then we have to do RMA of the unit , Please log a ticket with the below link so that we will help you to process RMA

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

I hope this information helps you

Please feel free to leave us a message if any concerns

Chandini
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi KHouston ,

Adding to the post if you have site access try to access switch 3 using console cable and check if you are able to access the switch ? Could you give this a try ?

Also try to run "show stack detail" and check if the switches are showing up in correct order in stack details and topology. 

You can also connect a PC on a ethernet connection on one of the ports and make sure the PC is untagged to ve defined on switch which has a IP address  assigned and try to give a manual IP on the PC device in same network range and you can try to do a ping test. Also can note on LED in front panel of the switch and check if connectivity is noticed when you initiate a ping from the switch. At that time check if you can see any link activity. 

This will help you isolate if the problem is with link LED only or also the entire switch. 

I  hope this helps

Thanks