cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure ICX7600-2X40GQ as 4-10g connections

jason_hilt
New Contributor III

Have an ICX7550 stack and trying to configure the ICX7600-2X40GQ module as 4 10g connections on Module 3 for uplinks to our core switch.  Can not find any documentation on that module or how to configure it.  Can it even be configured as 4 10g ports?  

Show Module indicates the ICX7600-2X40GQ as being 8 ports:  I try to set the port in the SmartZone 100 gui to 10G full but it just goes back to 40g.

4 REPLIES 4

BenBeck

Hey Jason, 

Overview and instructions on breakout ports are available here (and in subsections on left side):

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/fastiron-09010-managementguide/page/GUID-AC5BB5DF-0FA8-4542-A260-2...

I am not a SZ expert, so I am unsure if that option is available, but it will never cover all CLI options. Hope this helps!

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

jason_hilt
New Contributor III

If I'm reading this correct, on the ICX 7550 only module 2 can be used as stack ports.  Module 3 is uplink only.
https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/fastiron-08095-switchstackingguide/page/GUID-08E6BD0E-774A-4324-93...

If that is the case then we are SoL right now.  We need to stack, but can only run 10gig.

Hey Jason,

Are you looking for module 3 4x10 stacking? If so, that will be supported with 10.0.20 towards the very end of this year.

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

jason_hilt
New Contributor III

We were going to use 10 gig uplinks on module 3, so was looking to breakout the 40g port to 4x10g and use a qsfp to sfp adapter. You can't breakout module 3 to 4x10g, only on module 2.  Well, since we have a stack, and only stacking ports can be on module 2, not module 3, we can't do 10g at this time as the core switch only has 10g.  Pretty sure we'll just have to get the 4x10 uplink module for slot 3.  Not sure who screwed up the order, but it wasn't me!  I had no input on what was ordered.