cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need information for the scenario.

venkatesh_sidd1
New Contributor
Hello everyone,friends please help me out, my scenario is we have zd controller and we have 2 new access points we need to place in different subnets under one zd for using fail over concept will it be possible ,please explain the scenario.Thanks in advance.
5 REPLIES 5

alan_rothenstre
Contributor
What do you mean by two different subnets.  As long as they can reach the ZD through the internet, one is not dependent on the other.  If you are looking for true redundancy, you should look into running redundant ZD's since if the ZD goes down, both APs will go down as well.

venkatesh_sidd2
New Contributor II
Thanks Alan for the reply,what i mean is 1 AP in 1 subnet another AP in another subnet ,these two subnets are differ by distance of kilometers.Could you please explain the "running redundant zd's".
Thankyou very much Alan.

alan_rothenstre
Contributor
Both APs will be on different internet circuits so they will have local IP addresses.  The APs report into the ZD controller and if the AP is in controller managed mode, when it loses communication with the ZD, the APs will stop broadcasting the SSID since it has no way to manage itself.  If you have two ZD's they can be connected together.  In case one ZD fails, the APs report automatically to the 2nd ZD.  And both ZD's automatically stay in synch and licensing is only needed for 1 of the ZD's.

venkatesh_sidd2
New Contributor II
Hi Alan,please reply this post.I have two zone directors(ZD) for example "ABC" location we have ZD1 and XYZ location we have ZD2 and these two ZD's are in different subnets and in different locations, these are connected through WAN link,we assume ZD1 is primary and ZD2 is secondary, for some reasons wan was disconnected until the wan connection comes up will both ZD's can act as primary ZD's for their respective access points is my question,and will this scenario in real time workout? Thanks in advance.