cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP MANAGED BY CONNECTED ZD NOT APPEAR IN FM but appear ZD CONNECTORS CAN SOMEONE HELP ME

stanley_galarza
New Contributor
Estimates have recently installed a zd, I had problems in the first connection and the ZD did not appear in the FM, after several agustes network level, and at this time and I get the ZD connected but not managed by the AP ZD understand if zd, for dafault what ap must appear if they are on the same controller or is it that this doe handles a different port if so I could tell which is shown connected to ports 443, 6001 to 60010, 8082, 80 etc. are open.
Or is it something in the configuration zd or fm.
Also you can help me saying what the mepeo this connection port

? FM ZD management interface: TCP destination port as specified in FM Inventory 'Device Web Port Number Mapping'
I look forward to your kind help
1 REPLY 1

karl_lavender
New Contributor III
Hey Stanley, I'm not 100% clear on your message, but I can let you know that the easiest way to ensure your APs are going to connect to the controller is to ensure they are on a port tagged out for the management vlan (this should be visible on the controller and defaults to VLAN 1).  Once they are provisioned you can make vlan modifications to the port.

If you think the ports are already configured correctly, SSH into your AP and try ping the controller or set the ZD IP address it should be looking for with "set dir ip "  if you have a backup controller, "set dir ip " - the second one being the backup.  While I've rarely see it happen, I have had AP's fail to automatically locate the ZD on the same subnet until I set the ZD manually.