cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZoneFlex 2982 home use, connection issues

robert_king_1ae
New Contributor II
I was recently given a 7982 for home use from our schools technical supplier. Upon configuring it for use, I cannot seem to get a device to stay connected to it. I come from the instructional side of technology, and I'm very ignorant when it comes to the technical side. Any insights on how they should be configured?

Firmware version is 9.6.1.0.15

I originally thought my cable modem might be the issue, so I went ahead and placed it. However, that seems to be working fine .
12 REPLIES 12

martin_martin
Valued Contributor
Is you cable modem in bridge or router mode ? does it give a private address like 10.x.x.x or 192.168.x.x or 172.16.x.x ?regardsmartin

robert_king_1ae
New Contributor II
I apologize, I'm not sure how to determine this. To access the user interface for fourth the modem, it is a 192.168.100 address

What am i sure about is that your modem gives only one public ip adress, not private.
easiest solution, if you have any router, wifi router, attach cable modem in wan port, and any lan port into ruckus. That will solve your problem
If you doesnt have any router, you will need to set local subnet(s), and virtual lan, in addition to set dhcp that will give your devices local ip, not public (that is problem with your setup).
Maybe you'll need to set proper port setup (i am not very skilled in that area)

What am i sure about is that your modem gives only one public ip adress, not private.
easiest solution, if you have any router, wifi router, attach cable modem in wan port, and any lan port into ruckus. That will solve your problem
If you doesnt have any router, you will need to set local subnet(s), and virtual lan, in addition to set dhcp that will give your devices local ip, not public (that is problem with your setup).
Maybe you'll need to set proper port setup (i am not very skilled in that area)

Bogdan, I am confused by what you're suggesting. Sorry. Below are pictures of the current configuration. I have been taking the yellow ethernet cord out of the modem and putting it into the laptop to access the user interface for the router. Something simple I missing?

Current configuration is : Image_ images_messages_5f91c469135b77e247a6bb43_e0ca3dfa65a4f54ad8e2ea3d0d60c848_RackMultipart2016122772079jg6q-49e4c913-8fd8-4d58-b766-7a309243f125-1230155312.jpg1482853263