cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPGRADE FIRMWARE ON EXISTING STACK (7000 Series) REMOTELY (OUT OF THE OFFICE)

whisler_soineus
New Contributor III
Hi,

I'm planning to take my stacks icx switch to a new firmware version, but I work from home, cause of Covid 19. How can I do that remotely without scrahing my network?
Tahnks
7 REPLIES 7

BenBeck
I would recommend using an on-site TFTP server if you have the option. What code would you be upgrading from/to?
Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

whisler_soineus
New Contributor III
Thanks for replying.

From 0.08.70dt211 to 0.08.90d

Yes I have a tftp server on site. 
But I'm afraid of the behavior of the stack, cause I cannot connect to with a serial cable (out of the office). I will use SSH

Thanks again

BenBeck
Recommendation would be to use 8080f (non-ufi) as an intermediate code. Your upgrade path would look like this:

8070d > 8080f (non-ufi - same format as 8070d) > 8090d UFI (new file format - everything in one file)

Obviously not having console access is a downside should anything arise during the upgrade. That would really be your call on how critical the stack is to your business. I would not expect to have any issues, but you never know. If you would like assistance with the upgrade, I would recommend opening a support case. 

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

whisler_soineus
New Contributor III
To be sure, do you think that from the satck IP management, if I download the code using tftp server on site, the code will be copied automatically to all the stack members and then all the stack members will be upgraded at the same time?

This is my question before proceding with the upgrade job