cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Roaming not work, and users disconnect constantly even not move around.

javier_sanchez_
New Contributor II
I have a network with 16 AP (10 R500 and 6 R300) and a 1200 controller,2 SSID with WPA/AES and i need use a softphone but i have the next issue with some users:
All the Iphone ́s was disconnect constantly
An a Samsung Note 4 lost wifi signal and block the wifi networks when it moves of a R500 to a R300 (We need to turn on and off the airplane mode to resolve the issue)
More than 10 users with laptops HP and wireless card ralink rt3290 can not connect with the network (i upgrade the drivers and some laptops can connect now but the navigation on the net was terrible slow)
When i walk through the office and change of one AP to another and if i am in a call this ends, and the use of softphone it is very important in this project.

I hope anyone can help me.
33 REPLIES 33

Yeah you would be insane to have smart-roam enabled on a SSID carrying voice traffic as smart-roam uses a reason code to de-auth the client.

I think it's reason code 3:
Deauthenticated because sending STA is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS

john_d
Valued Contributor II
Right, and fortunately/unfortunately, these days many clients are inherently voice or video. Like now with wifi calling, almost every smartphone has turned into a IPv6 VOIP handset. It's actually great for the most part, but I have definitely seen cases where aggressive kicking or those rapid initial ChannelFly transitions resulting in dropped calls or audio stuttering.

John:

Yes, I can see that your standard for "good" could be very different from Sean's.

BTW:
What do you use to automate your "around-the-clock random bandwidth testing"?

bill_burns_6069
Contributor III
John:

I would assume that Javier's environment includes areas of indoor coverage w/ "light" construction that's not very challenging to WiFi propogation, that his APs have good overlapping coverage, that there's no interference from competing WiFi or other devices, that his channel plan is "stable" (with APs not changing channels often) and that his iPhones (when in those areas) still "disconnect constantly".
Hopefully Javier can confirm all those things.

Do you think it's possible for Javier to adequately describe his environment's "unknown factors"?
or.. that his issue goes beyond what can be addressed in a forum like this?

I'm noticing that Javier is using beam-forming R500s and non-beam forming R300s.
(and having problems when physically roaming from R500s to R300s)
Personally, I would use the R500s and R300s in different areas, as opposed to using them close together in "unobstructed" areas.

If Javier puts all his R500s in one area and R300s in another:
It would be interesting to know if Javier still sees his iPhone problems in areas w/ R300s or only in areas w/ R500s.