cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R550 MGMT IP and WLAN DHCP Pools

ashour_shamoon
New Contributor II

I am wanting all my access points to get an IP from my DHCP Server which is being done at the switch level. I am using a /24 subnet, lets say 10.10.10.0/24. 

On my vSZ I have a few DHCP Pools set up depending what WLAN the clients connect to. Lets say WLAN uses a 10.15.10.0/ 24, another WLAN uses a 10.25.10.0/24 and the third uses a 10.35.10.0/24 subnet.

I want the AP to get an IP in the 10.10.10.0/ range then give the clients the IP from the WLC based on the WLAN they connect to. 

I have my port on the switch untagged in the 10.10.10.0 vlan and tagged on all others. I tried to make a DHCP profile, but its not working. This is what happens: The AP shows online on the switch and I can get the IP from the switch. It pings, but the controller says it is offline. I use Putty and connect to the R550 then do set scg ip and after a minute it shows as online in the controller. From here, I see the AP reboot 1-2x then it stops pinging and goes offline until I reset it to factory. I am not sure what I am doing wrong, any thoughts?

0 REPLIES 0