cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is a ZD1200 compatible with a ZF7782 AP

julian_schaffaf
New Contributor II

I wanted to ask if it is possible to use a ZD1200 with a ZF7782 Ap ? And if so, what firmware could run on both devices? 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi Julian,

ZF7782 is an EOL AP and it is supported on ZD with 10.1.2.0.318 (last version which supports this AP model).

Download link

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software/2759-zd1200-10-1-2-0-318-mr2-refresh7-software-release

Release notes

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/documents/3532-zonedirector-10-1-2-mr2-refresh7-release-notes/dow...

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

okay i´m sorry for so many Questions , thanks for the quick reply 😄

Have a nice day 

As pointed by syamantak, you need to look in release notes. If you want still use EOL AP, you are stuck with latest version supporting them (or sometimes with a bit older version, as last doesn' work with this AP very reliably, how it is ZF7982 and 3.6.2 combination -- which results in AP regular hang-ups, you have to use 3.6.1 instead), so you have to llok in release noites which APs are supported with this version. If you have vSZ, you can have zones with different firmware, but there are also limits what can be done, and anyway one zone always have same version on all APs. 

Okay thank you very much ^^

and to give a short answer -- you can't get working on the same ZD ZF7782 and and new 802.11ac or ax AP. 

If you have a lot of ZF7782, the best would be to have them work as they are with old controller, and have newer AP on different controller.

We have some customers with ZF7782, which work about 10 years and still have no issues, they are built as a tank, and very reliable, so if they service is still enough, just keep them running as they are, don't change a setup. 

If you need to expand coverage, create a new system for that.