cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase connection speed on mesh

mignom
New Contributor

Hello.
I have 2 R750 Unleashed APs at home that connect 2 areas in the house via a mesh. The distance between the APs is only 10m. I read that the mesh connection speed on Ruckus is limited to 300 mbps. I can reach that speed too. Is there a possibility increasing the speed or switch off the limitation?

bg, Markus 

1 REPLY 1

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi Markus,

Mesh technology works by using the one of the mesh access points to connect to wired access point as a client and then provide the wifi access.

In this type of connectivity, total bandwidth will decrease by half on mesh AP with each hop.

As per the R510 datasheet, max speed it can provide is upto 867Mbps (this is wireless speed, not your internet connection speed). Now since Wi-Fi work in half duplex (you can't send and receive at the same time) thus speed becomes half, 867/2=433.5Mbps. This is theoretical value, in practical speed can be lesser than that.

Now if you consider mesh connection, max speed will reduced by two. This is why you cannot go beyond this limit. For even higher throughput, use the AP with the ethernet connection or buy higher end APs which can support higher data rates.

syamantakomer_0-1696456736237.png

Did this answer your query? If yes, leave a Kudos and accept the answer as "Accepted Solution".

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn