cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get email notifications for new software releases?

j_mo
New Contributor II

How can I get an email notification when there is a new software release for the specific Ruckus products I manage?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

grodog-prod
Contributor II

This is a feature that we do not currently have in the Support Portal, but are working on developing.  We do not have a delivery timeline yet. 

If there is a strong interest in this feature, please do chime-in here in the thread, since that will help boost visibility and priority for this development work.

Allan.

Allan T. Grohe Jr.
==
Knowledge Management Program Director
for RUCKUS Customer Services & Support

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

paul_andrew_ram
New Contributor II

I am just following this up with regards to this previous thread below as it will be helpful for us to receive updates with regards to this. Not quite sure on why is this is not available for this platform as we are receiving an email update when we are still using the Ruckus Cloud before we shifted to Ruckus vSZ-E.

https://forums.ruckuswireless.com/conversations/community-online-support-services/how-can-i-get-emai...

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled When can we get email notifications for new software releases?

Hi Paul,

vSZ-E and Ruckus Cloud are two different solutions and upgrade notification for Cloud is handled differently.

I will check internally if the feature is in the pipe line or we have a target/tentative date.

Thanks for your patience!

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

grodog-prod
Contributor II

Hello @paul_andrew_ramos, @kevin_fleming, and @eightohtwoeleven---

You'll be pleased to hear that this feature is in our IT dev queue, and that it's being worked in our current sprint. 

It's possible that some of the dev work may end up bridging across both the current and the next sprint, but I'll know more specifics on that when we hold our sprint review session on Friday afternoon. 

Allan T. Grohe Jr.
==
Knowledge Management Program Director
for RUCKUS Customer Services & Support

Ruckus
New Contributor II

Found it strange that this feature wasn't available yet. But as recent firmware updates have not been particularly stable yet, I'd wait with upgrading even if I received a notification 😬 Still running Unleashed 200.10.

JTakaMT
New Contributor III

It would be nice to be able to sign up for software update notifications or even more important, critical updates.  notifications: https://thehackernews.com/2023/05/andoryu-botnet-exploits-critical-ruckus.html