cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disassociation frame send by Android device to Ruckus access point

koen_verbeeck
New Contributor III

Anyone
got an idea what would force an Disassociation frame send by Android device to Ruckus access point, reason code: "Disassociated because sending STA is leaving (or has left) BSS (0x0008)? Then: deauthentication reason code: "class 2 frame received from nonauthenticated STA (0x0006)"

We experience the issue on different brands / device types all running different versions of Android. i am running Android 4.4.4 KitKat for example.

The client is not roaming, just 1 access point with a WLAN controller. All other devices that are not Android like (Windows, IOS) do not have this issue.

auth.  - assoc. – 4-way handshake – wpad querries - DHCP request/offer – disassociate – (deauthenticate)

These steps repeat over and over until the Android devices display following message: "Avoided poor internet connection"

Already tested the following:

1. encryption or no encryption has no effect.
  2. When i give the Android devices a static ip address the devices do not seem to have this issue.
  3. 802.11r & k are disabled on the WLANs.
  4. the Android advanced WiFi settings "Avoid poor connection" is no longer available on the Android devices.
5 REPLIES 5

primoz_marinsek
Valued Contributor
The key here is that the aindroid send it I think.

You said that the client associates, which means 802.11 protocol has finished and encountered no problems.

So it's now on upper layers to provide the client with an IP which it probably isn't getting and the STA decides that the connection is wrong. I'd suspect your DHCP server. I have the same setup here ZD + one AP and I have never had this problem.

The reason code for leaving is 2 right? Are there any other reason codes there, or any stuck beacons?

ramprakash_smar
New Contributor III
Keon, I know it may sound stupid since you mentioned about all is ok with static IP, would request to just give commands a shot...

https://forums.ruckuswireless.com/ruckuswireless/topics/devices-behind-wireless-bridge-do-not-gettin...

hope this helps...

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Something wrong with the Android.  "Dissassociated because sending STA is leaving BSS (0x08).

That Reason Code is for a client STA leaving the AP BSS.  On ZD managed APs these will be
followed by the ZD/AP sending the client a Disassoc as a clean-up process.

Reason code Meaning

0 Reserved
1 Unspecified reason
2 Previous authentication no longer valid
3 Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or
ESS
4 Disassociated due to inactivity
5 Disassociated because AP is unable to handle all currently associated
stations
6 Class 2 frame received from nonauthenticated station
7 Class 3 frame received from nonassociated station
8 Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS
9 Station requesting (re)association is not authenticated with responding
station

john_d
Valued Contributor II
I would check the logs on the Android device — sounds like it's repeatedly connecting and then deciding it doesn't like the network.

Is a captive portal set up? Or some sort of rate limiting that would make the Android device believe your WLAN isn't preferable over cellular?