cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Announcing Ruckus Wireless ZoneFlex Version 9.8.1 -- refresh release

cordelia_cordel
Contributor
Ruckus Wireless has just released Ruckus Wireless ZoneFlex Version 9.8.1 build 101.

See the download page and read the release notes for more information! https://support.ruckuswireless.com/so...
4 REPLIES 4

john_d
Valued Contributor II
Awesome! Just curious, was there something wrong with background scanning on the R700? I'm at 9.8.1.0.99 with background scanning and wondering if I should update.

cordelia_cordel
Contributor
Hi John,

802.11ac AP reboots may occur when background scanning is turned on on the 802.11ac 5 Ghz radios. Work to date has significantly reduced the possibility of reboots, however, there are insufficient test results from early deployment sites running 9.8.1.0.99 to gain confidence that this code is ready for broader and uncontrolled deployments. Ruckus recommends customer load the 9.8.1.0.101 release that has background scanning disabled (you can't turn it on) for the 5 GHz radios on the 802.11ac APs. Note: Background scanning is fully functioning for 802.11n APs and the 2.4 GHz radio on the 802.11ac APs. If customers really need to have background scanning enabled, Ruckus Support can provide the .99 release along with the caveat that infrequent AP reboots during “light traffic” may occur.

If you still have questions, please open a support case so we can assist.

Regards,

Cordelia

john_d
Valued Contributor II
Thanks, Cordelia, that's a very clear answer :). I appreciate it -- Ruckus products and customer service are top notch.

cordelia_cordel
Contributor
You are quite welcome!